Battle of the Sexes Tennis Tournament @ Waterville Valley
Sunday, September 19th, 2021, tennis players will compete in front of an enthusiastic audience to raise money for the palliative and hospice services of Pemi-Baker Community Health. Since the beginning of the tournament, over $30,000 has been raised. Your support as a player, sponsor or auction/raffle participant is essential to insure the event success. Please consider participating to help us in support this worthwhile agency. All sponsors will be listed in the event program and all donations will be acknowledged at the closing ceremonies at 5:00pm at Coyote Grill Restaurant, Waterville, NH. Auction items will be open for bidding on the 32Auctions site and Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at Pemi-Baker Community Health, courtside during the tournament and at the after-party at Coyote Grill.
Grief Education Workshops
Grief and Bereavement Support Group 6 week Series
Starting Tuesday, August 3rd – September 7th, 2021
- Because of COVID19 restrictions on social gatherings, many persons are living with unresolved and unprocessed issues of grief and loss due to abbreviated funeral or memorial services. We hope this will be a first step toward helping people come to terms with that bereavement and other issues of loss that have been neglected during the height of the pandemic.
- We will be making use of GRIEF ONE DAY AT A TIME by Alan D. Wolfelt, PhD. Dr. Wolfelt is a noted grief educator, having written several books about healing personal grief.
- Read Additional Details
- Pre-Registration Required by July 21st, 2021: 536-2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional free grief education workshops and sessions are available throughout the year.
- Topics include the stress of grief, tips for coping during the holidays and what helps when grief hurts.
- We welcome anyone who has lost a loved one.
Fill Out Your Forms! Online ZOOM Workshops
Third Thursday each month, 11am-12pm
Mark your calendar and finally fill out your advance directive with us!
- Have you wondered how to talk to your loved ones about what medical care you would or wouldn’t want in a medical crisis? Does your health care provider want you to have these conversations and fill out your end of life wishes? Would your wishes change if it was COVID-19 related?
- Pemi-Baker Community Health is here to help with all your advance care planning needs. We invite you to join us to fill out your advance directive form. Download the form from our website, poor a cup of coffee and join us for a group ZOOM meeting to walk you through the form and answer any questions you might have.
- Lauren Bell will be a neutral guide helping you reflect on and identify the values, beliefs and goals that shape the way you make health care decisions. As an experienced facilitator, Lisa will explain how important sharing this information is to others so that decisions can be made for you if you ever cannot speak for yourself.
Virtual Advance Care Planning Appointments
- If you are unable to attend our group session, PBCH also offers free virtual advance care planning appointments.
*Appointments use the online Zoom meeting platform. You must have access to a computer or mobile phone with live video capability.
To register call Lauren Bell: 603-536-2232 or email: email@example.com
Caregiver Conversation, Education & Support
First Wednesday of each Month, 11:00am-12:00pm
This support session will meet the first Wednesday of the month to discuss various caregiving topics. You will be able to connect with others, learn more about the ups and downs of at home caregiving, and discuss any issues related to the monthly topic. Some feel privileged to serve a loved one at their most vulnerable time. Many also feel afraid, tired and overwhelmed at times. And most people feel it all in one day. It’s okay; these feelings are normal.
The important thing is to have the tools and resources you need to cope with the natural ebb and flow of your emotions. We encourage you to join us for support during this challenging time. Sessions will be held once a month with a limited number of attendees.
- Attend once or as often as you’d like.
- Starting August 4th, 2021 we will be meeting in person at Speare Memorial Hospital’s Conference Room at 103 Boulder Point Drive (across the parking lot from PBCH)
To register call Guy Tillson: 603-536-2232 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospice Remembrance Service 2020
- Once a year, we hold a non-denominational memorial service to honor loved ones who have passed on. Due to the COVID pandemic we pre-recorded our remembrance service and invite you to join us from the comfort of your home. With Love, The Pemi-Baker Community Health Hospice Team
Remembrance Ornament 2020
- Every November, we honor our special loved ones and help those in need with our Remembrance Ornament program. Take a moment this holiday season to reflect on special memories of loved ones and honor them by ordering your memorial ornament.
- This beautiful Victorian-style butterfly has an antique silver finish and is bursting with clear rhinestones. She hangs from a platinum-finished rhinestone link and is finished with four crystal faceted beads.
- Each ornament comes in a forest green organza bag, ready for gift giving. This is a wonderful way to remember someone during the holidays, each and every year.
- All proceeds help us in our mission to serve all patients who cannot afford hospice and home care, while also supporting services for families who are grieving.
- $20 each. Quantities are limited. Please place your order before December 1st by downloading an order form and sending it to PBCH with a check or call the front desk and pay by credit card (603-536-2232). ORDERS CLOSED FOR 2020
Annual Online Auction-Held Every Spring