Whether returning home from the hospital, a skilled nursing facility, or a doctor’s visit, we help our patients safely transfer home with confidence and achieve independence in their community. We help make hospital stays shorter and less frequent by providing healthcare in the home.
Our team partners with patients, their doctor, family and caregivers to help home bound individuals in need of skilled medical services during recovery from illness, injury or surgery. In addition to managing chronic health conditions, our team specializes in Diabetes, COPD and Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) care. PBH&HH provides education, fall prevention, care for high-risk pregnant women, infants and children, rehabilitation or orthopedic services, wound care, IV care and Ostomy management.
Our expert Home Health team includes:
- Skilled Nurses (RN)
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists
- Social Workers
- Home Health Aids (LNA)
HOW IT WORKS
- Home Health services are discussed with the patient and doctor (at the hospital, primary care physician, specialist, etc.)
- Doctor or staff contacts Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health with a “Doctor’s Order” for home health services
- Pemi-Baker contacts the patient to confirm the address, insurance, services to be provided, and sets an initial in-home appointment
- Patient receives an initial in-home visit and health evaluation from their case manager (one of our Nurses or Therapists) who works with the patient to create a plan of care to address the healthcare needs-including a plan for which services are required, how often, and for how long
- Pemi-Baker contacts the doctor to inform them of the in-home evaluation and obtain agreement / sign-off on the determined plan of care
- Our team works with the patient according to the goals, frequency, and treatments outlined in the initial plan of care and partners with the patient and doctor to update the plan of care if/when needed
- Patient progresses toward independence and wellness as they receive care from the best in-home healthcare team in New Hampshire
“The people working at Pemi-Baker are terrific. I would highly recommend them for any home health care needs for yourself, family and friends. They take the time to meet your needs in a kind and sensitive way.” ~Debora F.
WHO PAYS FOR HOME HEALTH?
Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is Medicare certified and works directly with multiple insurance companies. Most insurances, including Medicare, provide these services at no-cost to the patient or family.
Eligibility for Pemi-Baker services is determined by a patient’s physician.