- A Client Administrative Assistant will thoroughly explain your PT insurance benefit and all related paperwork
- Your physical therapist will perform a thorough physical evaluation regarding your current condition.
- Your physical therapist will recommend a plan of care including the frequency (number of visits per week) and duration (total weeks) of treatment. You will also discuss the types of treatments you will be receiving. You will be assigned a home exercise program to supplement your treatment sessions for you to begin immediately.
- In most cases treatment will begin on the first visit!
- Physical therapy referral (if applicable)
- Insurance card and identification
- Any medical devices or equipment related to your condition (cane, walker, crutches, brace, sling, orthotics)
- We recommend wearing loose fitting clothing that will easily allow you to expose the area we will be evaluating. For example, if you are coming to therapy for your knee, we recommend wearing shorts. For the shoulder, we recommend wearing a tank top. For the low back, we recommend wearing a loose fitting shirt and pants so we can perform a thorough examination. During the winter months or wet days we recommend bringing an extra pair of dry shoes.
We recommend arriving 15 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to allow time to fill out paperwork and go over your insurance benefits. You can also complete the paperwork ahead of time by filling out the Physical Therapy Forms online.
- Get a referral from your primary care doctor
~If your doctor gives you the referral as a piece of paper call Pemi-Baker directly to set up the appointment (603-536-2232)
~If you didn’t get a paper referral, your doctor is faxing it to us and we will call you once we receive it.
- Insurance- We will need Insurance Authorization. Please have your insurance card ready when speaking with the Pemi-Baker Outpatient physical therapy Administrative Assistant.
- Paperwork- Depending on what area of the body our Physical Therapists are seeing you for, our Administrative Assistant will tell you what form to download/print/and fill out to bring to your first appointment. Resources and Forms