COMPASSIONATE CARE AND COMFORT WHEN NEEDED MOST
Established in 1967, Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is an innovative leader in Physical Therapy, Palliative Care, Hospice Care and Home Health. We are a local, independent, non-profit providing programs and services to meet the diverse needs of 29 surrounding communities in central and northern New Hampshire. Through the support of more than 70 employees and volunteers, the organization touches lives in a variety of ways: helping you return home comfortably after surgery, strengthening your knee through physical therapy, or supporting you and your family with advanced illness at home.
We believe in achieving a better way in healthcare by treating our team, patients, and healthcare partners as family. We are a small group of compassionate and committed people making a difference in our community.
PBH&HH is Medicare certified and works directly with multiple insurance companies. Most insurances, including Medicare, provide our services at no-cost to the patient or family. No one is ever denied care due to an inability to pay. We thank our donors for supporting our important work.
OUR HISTORY AND MISSION
In early spring of 1966, Lois Reed, R.N., presented a new idea for Grafton County in the form of home nursing care. She enlisted the aid of the medical profession and the community, and in May of 1966 the Plymouth Council of United Church Women agreed to sponsor what would become the Pemi-Baker Home Health Agency. A Board of Trustees was formed and the agency officially opened for business on July 17, 1967. The original staff consisted of one nurse, Dorothy Westberg, one part-time Physical Therapist, Mrs. Henrietta White, and one Secretary, IdaMae Hibbard.
Growth Over the Years but Always Committed to Quality
- Home visits began in July of 1967 with one nurse providing 1200 home visits in that first year.
- In 1996 we began to help hospice families with only 2 hospice clients the first year.
- In 2007 we moved to our current location on 101 Boulder Point Drive. With a 35 foot therapy pool, fitness center and treatment rooms, we listened to the need of our community and started offering fitness memberships, children’s swim lessons and Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy on site.
- In 2022 our Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy services and Aquatics transitioned to Mid-State Healthcare while we continue to focus on Home Health, Palliative and Hospice Care in our surrounding 29 communities.
Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is a non-profit organization serving numerous communities in Grafton and Belknap counties by providing hospice, home health, and palliative care services to individuals and families in their homes, in facilities and in the community. Our compassionate, knowledgeable and professional staff stands ready to address the health care needs of our patients and their families at all stages of life.
“My one month stay at the Brigham & Women’s in Boston left me weak, overwhelmed, anxious, and destroyed my confidence. I went from thinking I didn’t need any help to recognizing that the services offered by Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health were enormously valuable.” Lew
Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health partners with:
- Homecare, Hospice & Palliative Care Alliance of NH
- Central Service health Network
- Rural Healthcare Network
- Central NH Health Partnership
- Regional Coordinating Council of Public Health and Emergency Preparedness
- Public Health Advisory Council
- Central NH Chamber of Commerce
- Mid-State Health Center
- Spear Memorial Hospital
- Concord Hospital
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Littleton Regional Healthcare